• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA Bracket (Axle) and driving w/o it!

Tenny

NAXJA Forum User
So I bent my LCA Axle bracket pretty badly in a crash, and I just got my new brackets in (RE). What I want to do is cut it off and clean it up (just one of them) infront of my house, then push the car maybe 100 feet or so to my neighbors house and then have him weld the bracket back in.

Would it be safe to push the car that much, or is that too much. I know it's pretty key for the axle, so the more I think about it, no it's not safe it seems... The other option would be to just do it at his house, which is obviously better. He's always got other projects he's working on, so I would be delaying him too. He's doing it out of kindness for me, and I want to be as least intrusive as possible.

You'll be fine. Alot of people run home from trails with only 3 arms.

i know its a little more work, but u could jsut pull the axle in ur driveway and just bring that over. itll be easier to work with and weld the brackets on. makes it nice and easy for him to just lay the beads and not have to fool around under the jeep doing it and all that over head welding and stuff

Back