• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift from Quadratec Heavy Duty Leaf Springs

Runner

NAXJA Forum User
We had our Quadratec heavy duty leaf springs installed today. They gave us 1 1/2 inches of lift over stock in the rear. Before, we were 17 1/2 in the front and 16 in the rear. We are now sitting at 18 1/2 in the rear.

We are ordering 1.75 coil spacers for the front to even it out.

Thanks to all who have given us advice on this project over the last week or so. I've posted picture links below. If anyone wants to one-click it, that would be great.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/runner6_photos/?action=view&current=BeforeHDLeafs.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii240/runner6_photos/?action=view&current=AfterHDLeafs.jpg

Lift is measured the same for front and rear - from the bottom of the fender flare to the hub center. Stock for XJ is 17 1/2 inches clearance in the front, 17 inches in the rear.

That doesn't work for us without flares or with cut fenders.

Just curious if you could get a measurement from the bottom of the front bumpstop platform to the bottom of the metal bumpstop bracket on the top (above the rubber bumpstop)

Wait, Wait, Wait. So the Quadratec HD leafs are not just Crown Automotive pieces? Because Im more than a little disappointed with the durability of Crown Automotive leafs.

1.5" huh? cool i have a set of these to put on, i've just been waiting for my spring bushings to come in. If thats the case me, I'm going to be sitting a lot higher than expected (w/some 1.5" shackles too)

looks great man, I have a similar yeah and i have the same set of wheels too.

We installed the front coil spacers today, and we are very pleased with the results.

For those that are interested, the details:

We installed Quadratec heavy duty leaf springs in the rear. This gave us 18 1/2 inches in the rear, 1 1/2 inches over stock.

Today, we installed the Daystar 1 3/4 inch coil spacers in the front. Important note: we chose to remove the coil spring isolators, and we wound up with an inch of lift. We are now sitting at 18 1/12 inches in the front.

So, at 18 1/2 inches in the front, and 18 1/2 inches in the rear, we are level. But if the rear springs settle 1/2 inch or so (which they eventually will), we will be back to the stock rake of 1/2 inch higher in the front.

Ride is great. Better than we had with the worn-out rear springs, and no vibrations at all.

Almost forgot - we are running 235/75/15 BFG ATs.

Thanks to Rick at Quadratec for the help he gave us, and to everyone on this forum who provided feedback. It was a big help in making decisions. We've got all the lift we want for now (1 1/2 inches over stock). We feel this combination will hold up over time, and it was very economical.

We've posted the final picture below. If you look close in the front, you can see the red spacer.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...FinishLift.jpg

Quadratech HD leaves "bastard packed" to the original 90' "Up Country" main leaves and TeraFlex 1,5 shackles. 2" RE spacers in the front with the original "Up Country" coils.

This is my DD

P1010743.jpg

We installed the front coil spacers today, and we are very pleased with the results.

For those that are interested, the details:

We installed Quadratec heavy duty leaf springs in the rear. This gave us 18 1/2 inches in the rear, 1 1/2 inches over stock.

Today, we installed the Daystar 1 3/4 inch coil spacers in the front. Important note: we chose to remove the coil spring isolators, and we wound up with an inch of lift. We are now sitting at 18 1/12 inches in the front.

So, at 18 1/2 inches in the front, and 18 1/2 inches in the rear, we are level. But if the rear springs settle 1/2 inch or so (which they eventually will), we will be back to the stock rake of 1/2 inch higher in the front.

Ride is great. Better than we had with the worn-out rear springs, and no vibrations at all.

Almost forgot - we are running 235/75/15 BFG ATs.

Thanks to Rick at Quadratec for the help he gave us, and to everyone on this forum who provided feedback. It was a big help in making decisions. We've got all the lift we want for now (1 1/2 inches over stock). We feel this combination will hold up over time, and it was very economical.

We've posted the final picture below. If you look close in the front, you can see the red spacer.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/i...FinishLift.jpg

Looks great! Thanks for posting.

Did the front leaf spring bolt give you any grief?

duke000088, our alignment shop did this work for us. They gave us a really great deal, so I couldn't pass it up.

However, I talked to them about the bolts, and they had no problems. We live in eastern North Carolina, so I think undercarriage corrosion is less of a problem here than in many parts of the country.

I had all four shocks replaced when we did the restoration a couple of years ago, and there was no problem with any of the shock bolts.

We're lucky.

He hasn't been back here in 13yrs!

Back