• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Seat Frame Material?

97XJ2

NAXJA Forum User
What is the rear seat frame/back made of? I think I recalling seeing one someone un-upholstered and it was formed plastic (like what the underside of the back seat bottom is like). I am looking to attach something to the seat back, and trying to determine what would be better, bigger rivets or screws.

It's made of a relatively thin stamped steel. It would support rivets or a nut bolt/combo. I wouldn't bolt a hi-lift to it, but that's me.

Here's a pic of my rear seat. Click on the image for a larger version.

What year is that? I'm looking to attach a backer to the seat. My hi-lift is between the spare and the side. I dont think I'd be too crazy about pulling the seat apart.

my back seat was all battery acid eaten so i pulled it apart and the back is a big piece of foam wrapped around a little flimsy stamped steel frame. I was pretty surprised by what a flimsy design it was. So as mentioned before dont attatch anything heavy to it

Back