• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 welded on 33's

Depends on which 8.25.
Depends on the welding job.
Depends on the driver.
Depends on the type of wheeling.
... get it?

You should be fine with that. Be careful on the rocks, and start to make a plan for the axle in case it dies. Is this your daily driver? If so, then you might just pick up a dana 35 cheap and and have it on stand by just in case. If not, then don't worry about it and wheel it and have fun. I'm about to weld my D35 on 31's. Could last a month, or could last 3 years.

Depends on which 8.25.
Depends on the welding job.
Depends on the driver.
Depends on the type of wheeling.
... get it?

you're correct.

i know someone that wheels a 27 spline 8.25 on 35" BFG MTs with 3.55s and he has a cam in his 4.0 (put in by previous owner) and the thing has plenty of cajones. he's had it like that as his DD and wheeled it pretty hard a bunch of times. i'm pretty sure he did a good welding job too. it's very dependant on the quality of weld, the driver, and what sort of stuff it's gotta drive through.

Firsts things first, i forgot to mention its an MJ, so not alot of weight over the rear wheels. And its a 27 spline, stock everything. I drive it pretty hard on the street and trail. I like to kinda mess around on rocks, but i don't that often. probably once every couple of runs. I'm a pretty good welder.

This is a DD, and I"ll have my LSD D35 that came out of my truck. I'll be running 3.55's with 33x12.50 tires on the trail, and 235/70's on the street.

i got street tires for street, wheelin tires for wheelin.
Ok, it'll wear out the street tires. ;)
A welded or spooled axle has some pretty entertaining street manners.

Be careful driving it in the rain, and my personal advice is don't drive it in icing conditions at all.

Oh yea,... You'll also never push it by hand around a corner again:D

Back