• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cleghorn today

terryg

NAXJA Forum User
what a day - socal bill was nice enuff to help me shake out my new rig, and after some trail fixes got my rig goin good enuff to run cleg - or so we thought. cleghorn is a total mess once u get past the notch. slimy, gooey, nasty, and did i mention not very nice.. we finally got thru the area, and decided it would be a good idea for me not to run any more nasty stuff (my tires suck). overall - i was extremely happy w/ my rig (still got some rough edges to fix), & in comparison w/ my landcruiser the xj was like ridin in a cadillac.

thanks to bill, andy, rick, slim, and some peeps from work, i'm finally startin to get off-roadin again

Glad to see you out wheeling that thing. How's it doing? Sorry I couldn't make it today but I worked yesterday and my wife went to Disneyland so this was our only day of the weekend to get errands done.

Was there snow on the ground up there? I ran Cleg with Bill and some other guys about this time last year, and we got just a little past the notch and the trail disappeared in the snow.

yes to snow, yes to the group, and I had a blast. the pucker factor was definitely up there w/ those shit tires i have & a bad front locker. bill had 3 in the air at one point, & i'm not sure if i had any on the ground just past the notch! we survived w/ only a ding to my rear after i backed into bill

Back