• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So you guys remember that competition i won?

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
We found out what kind of car we're working on in NY.

2009 Mercedes Benz C350 sport sedan
39,000 base model
50,000+ with all factory options on the mercades website
3.5L DOHC 24 valve v6
268 HP @ 6000 rpm
258 tq @ 2500-6000 rpm (Flat torque curve)
continuously variable valve timing of intake and exhaust valves
0-60 in 6.1 sec
7 spd automatic

"Agility control"- automatically adjusts the dampening of the vehicles suspension to adjust to driver imput and road contitions.

Assisted braking - monitors how fast you push the pedal down to stop and other drive imputs to avoid colliosions and helps with emergancy stopping and manuvering.

17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.

2008_mercedes_benz_c_class.jpg

everyone (US and canada) is competing for $3 million in scholarships and other prizes. We're also going to be in the same building as the new york national auto show.

They create a simulated work enviroment. we have to write work orders, correctly diagnose and fix a problem in a certain amount of time. we also have to demonstrate knowledge in enviromental saftey, work saftey, and basic knowledge of automotive stuffs.

The comp i won was the metro portland new car dealers future tech competition. thats a mouthfull.

and the one in NY is the national automotive technology competition.

Cobblers childern wear no shoes......I'm an aircraft electrician and you should see the wirring in my Jeep :) Best of luck in the competition.

Cobblers childern wear no shoes......I'm an aircraft electrician and you should see the wirring in my Jeep :) Best of luck in the competition.
PLEASE don't tell me it's all white.
I bought a Willys wagon years ago that belonged to an aircraft electrician and all wiring was white and totally Fubared. Still have bad dreams about that one...

I was forced to clean up most of my rat nest when a couple of co-workers saw under the hood and wouldn't let me live it down. Come to think of it, white may be the only color not there..........

Heck, I have heard that some of those mercedes have brake by wire systems. No dirrect connection from the pedal to the brakes. If they sense your in a panic stop situation they apply full brakeing even if you don't do so yourself. Thats scary....

Back