• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about re-gearing

dave92cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to be regearing my stock 30/8.25 axles soon going to 4.56's. I know I'm going to need new carrier's front and rear, right now I have a factory LSD in the rear. Is it possible to swap that over to the new carrier instead of leaving it open or would I have to buy a new LSD or locker? Thanks for the help.

you dont need a new rear carrier for the rear. the break on the 8.25 is so low numerically. we got a nice break with that axle not having to get a new carrier for gearing. need a new carrier just for the front.

If you are going to regear do lockers now.

x2^

make some money back, sell the lsd.

If I were going to be keeping these axles for any length of time I would save up and get lockers. But these axles will only be in it for another year or so before I take her out of commission to start the entire process of building it up. Was just concerned that I would have to swap carriers and lose what little help I have in the rear.

Back