• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alloy usa x-joint?

vegas_baja

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody heard of alloy usa u-joints?
I've seen them advertised a few times in off-road adventures, but I cant find any info on them anywhere.

Alloy USA makes a u-joint...
there, now you know...

I have a prototype set of the first gen. joints. they feature a cold forged 8620 trunion, hardend needle barrings, serivicable caps and come with a three year warranty. Not sure what they are retailing for, but seem to be a good alternative for DD or someone who doesnt want to drop the cash on super joints.

I called drivetrain warehouse (4 wheel parts) and asked for a price.
$50 a piece and they won't be available until november.
If these are stronger than 5-760's might be worth the money.

Rawbrown said:
Alloy USA makes a u-joint...
there, now you know...
I just want to thank rawbrown for his knowlege on the subject its been very insightful.....:D
If you can get a set I'd like to check em out.

jrsxj98 said:
I have a prototype set of the first gen. joints. they feature a cold forged 8620 trunion, hardend needle barrings, serivicable caps and come with a three year warranty. Not sure what they are retailing for, but seem to be a good alternative for DD or someone who doesnt want to drop the cash on super joints.

so you think these are a grade somewhere between spicer and super joints?
Thats not a bad option to have....

btt

Back