• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brakes for 44 an 9" swap

what am i gonna have to do about the brake switch when i swap in the 9 and 44? whats easiest and budget friendly?

You mean the brake light switch?
confused.gif
Or do you mean the "switch" to bigger brakes?

Are you sticking with drums in the rear or going w/ discs? What year XJ is your brake booster from? What size tires are you going to run?

Billy

ya i meant when i swap. and im not looking to go discs just yet. i just wanna hook up the stock 44 and 9 brakes for now and need to know what is needed to hook em up to my 98. mine didnt come with the cryco 8.25.

ya i meant when i swap. and im not looking to go discs just yet. i just wanna hook up the stock 44 and 9 brakes for now and need to know what is needed to hook em up to my 98. mine didnt come with the cryco 8.25.

Does your '98 have ABS? (I would assume it does.)

If you're keeping the drums in the back, and you already have a dual diaphragm booster, I would just bolt it all up and see how it stops. Then go from there depending on the performance.
dunno.gif

I try to avoid ABS when I can though, so you should wait for some advice in regards to that
biggrin.gif

Billy

ya i hate the abs so what i was gonna do is pull it all out when swap time comes. so will i be alright? and what about e brake lines and stuff? (you live in sac?)

Back