• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally fixed my Fuel system!

Clean Racing

NAXJA Forum User
Well since this is general chit chat forum, and people can post pics of useless honduh's.. Here is the latest fix on the old battle axe...

As some of you know I recently upgraded my tank to a Northwest Metal products 32 gal stainless steel gas tank. First off the quality is well not stellar, its good for the average guy, but I was hopping for something a little better built. I installed the tank before Christmas, and made sure I had a BRAND NEW Fuel pump for it. I searched the OE & Mod tech sections and found that most around the country had decent luck with the Walboro pump. Since my Parts house only carries Airtek, and Delphi (walboro). I got the delphi one.. I should have just ponied up the dough for the Jeep OE pump (bosch). One tank of gas and one week later I was plagued with a hot start issue. After the filling the second take it started right away.. I took an afternoon, and though I had it figured out. Well I drove it to the meet & greet last month and upon arrival it started its loss of fuel pressure while it was Idling. A reputable guru mentioned the CPS, I gave it some thought since the CPS did fail 3 months ago. Two weeks ago, I changed the CPS & drove it run some errands. The Jeep had been sitting for weeks literally since it was not reliable. Well CPS it was not, first stop it barley restarted.. Fast forward two weeks, and a few bucks later. Some brain racking searching for a solution.. This is what I came up with. Most of the Rally cars that I have prepped, we have always used the Bosch external fuel pumps, heck I can not remember when one actually failed on me.. SO I ordered one up, and some fittings.. I was lucky enough for Johnny to come over and help me remove the tank one time only.. Now it runs like a champ and the fuel pump replacement in the future is going to be a snap... Sorry for the book... enjoy the Pic...

Fuel Pump

Nice Scott. Bosch is like divorce.......expensive but worth it. haha

On a serious note. Is it noisy having it inside or does the back seat quiet it down mostly? Any reason you didnt mount it under the truck (trying to protect it)??

Nice Scott. Bosch is like divorce.......expensive but worth it. haha

On a serious note. Is it noisy having it inside or does the back seat quiet it down mostly? Any reason you didnt mount it under the truck (trying to protect it)??

Its actually silent once the jeep starts.. minor hum before start up thats it..

nice work Scott!
oh btw thanks for your & Johnny's help yesterday....After you left I caught Johnny stroking his new shafts in my garage:gag:

Well since this is general chit chat forum, and people can post pics of useless honduh's.. Here is the latest fix on the old battle axe...

As some of you know I recently upgraded my tank to a Northwest Metal products 32 gal stainless steel gas tank. First off the quality is well not stellar, its good for the average guy, but I was hopping for something a little better built. I installed the tank before Christmas, and made sure I had a BRAND NEW Fuel pump for it. I searched the OE & Mod tech sections and found that most around the country had decent luck with the Walboro pump. Since my Parts house only carries Airtek, and Delphi (walboro). I got the delphi one.. I should have just ponied up the dough for the Jeep OE pump (bosch). One tank of gas and one week later I was plagued with a hot start issue. After the filling the second take it started right away.. I took an afternoon, and though I had it figured out. Well I drove it to the meet & greet last month and upon arrival it started its loss of fuel pressure while it was Idling. A reputable guru mentioned the CPS, I gave it some thought since the CPS did fail 3 months ago. Two weeks ago, I changed the CPS & drove it run some errands. The Jeep had been sitting for weeks literally since it was not reliable. Well CPS it was not, first stop it barley restarted.. Fast forward two weeks, and a few bucks later. Some brain racking searching for a solution.. This is what I came up with. Most of the Rally cars that I have prepped, we have always used the Bosch external fuel pumps, heck I can not remember when one actually failed on me.. SO I ordered one up, and some fittings.. I was lucky enough for Johnny to come over and help me remove the tank one time only.. Now it runs like a champ and the fuel pump replacement in the future is going to be a snap... Sorry for the book... enjoy the Pic...

Fuel Pump

I didn't do anything. I just watched and even sat on a barstool. But I was stroking my shafts. :wow:

And I didn't even help Scott much. But he gave me a lesson in making braided hoses, bought me lunch, and gave me a brand new XJ Bosch fuel pump.

So it was a good day.

Scott how did you mod the tank? Got any pictures of that?

Does this mean Dale is on?

Thanks for the help on the Subi.

and yes, Johnny was sitting on a barstool stroking his shaft.

At least nobody got a picture of that, thank goodness.

How was the drive home with the new shocks? A little loud?

At least nobody got a picture of that, thank goodness.

How was the drive home with the new shocks? A little loud?

Nobody got pictures this time....

BTW I run either Bosch or Redline pumps whenever I build or install a non OEM tank. But, like Scott knows, you can spend an additional one hundred bucks just on fittings and hoses.

Nobody got pictures this time....

BTW I run either Bosch or Redline pumps whenever I build or install a non OEM tank. But, like Scott knows, you can spend an additional one hundred bucks just on fittings and hoses.

I think I doubled the cost of the fittings, since the local idiot charges 1.5 times retail.. And I needed 4 90* fittings...

Well after a full day of driving it, all I gotta say is the stroker loves the extra fuel flow... I can see my MPG going in the toilet...:D

Back