• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the general opinion on AJ's offroad products ?

jonathanc

NAXJA Forum User
I've done some searching and found lots of questions, and some good opinions on the rock rails, but nothing about the pricing or the company themselves.

Does Aj's seem like a good company to order from ? Compared to ARB stuff, they seem cheap (in price) which makes me wary, as many say you get what you pay for.

So, if you wanted to get rock sliders, front and rear bumpers all at once, would you choose Aj's ?

Also, is there any reason NOT to get a winch bumper ? I'm not sure if im ever going to get a winch, but if it's only a bit extra for the winch version, I might aswell get it right ?

Also, is there any reason to get a seperate hitch versus a bumper with a built in hitch ? I'm thinking of strength etc. I would rather just buy the bumper with built in hitch (wont ever be towing anything heavier than an ATV on a utility trailer).

I don't know much about AJs bumpers, but their sliders are top notch! after my experience with their sliders I would not be afraid to buy their bumpers at all great fab work very sturdy! if you don't know if you will want a winch in the future i would get their winch bumper so you don't have to buy another bumper and swap them all over again. as for the hitch I have a separate hitch only because it came with one and im still rocking the stock rear bumper

I have AJs rock rails, and they are top notch. I've set them against many trees, rocks, and even the ground. Great products. No experience with their other stuff though

Rails are wonderful, if I had the money I would get all 3 at once from him. Definately get a front bumper with winch mount as one day you'll likely get one, even if you don't use it to save yourself you could need it to help out a fellow jeeper. For the rear bumper it's a toss up, if you've already got a 2" class III receiver on your rig don't worry about it. If you've only got the little 1" hitch then get the bumper with built in receiver and he'll use frame tie-in plates on the bumper to give it extra strength. His products are cheap because he's a 1 or 2 man show and doesn't have all the overhead that most other big companies have, plus he ships his products in raw steel saving on the cost of powdercoating and all that.

I the super rails and they are awesome. If I had to do it again I would definitely get them again.

AJ's offroad Rocks!

I'm getting all three from AJ.:party:
I've spent quite a bit of time on the phone and emailing with him, he is one of the good guys!

He is doing some cool custom one off stuff for me for just a few bucks extra. In fact he is giving me a discount for purchasing all three at once and I don't even have to buy them all at once:)
His stuff is top notch. If I were you I'd send him an email and start a dialog about what you want.
Oh, and as to the AJ's vs. ARB comparison? I think AJ's products are superior to ARB in every way. If fact the winch bumper he is building for me will have the winch tucked down and back with a locking access cover. Sorta like an ARB but stronger ;)

I have his rails and front bumper...EXCELLENT!

You can feel confident buying from AJ.

You could not be dealing with a more reputable person in AJ, higher quality products or better service. The prices are about the best going. Whats not to like?

John

I have his super rails and they're awesome. They'll take anything you can throw at them.
I have heard of people complaining that it can take a few days to get a hold of him to start an order. I never had a communication problem with AJ. If this does happen relax, it's the nature of the business.

ARBs look cool but that's aboutit IMO. AJ's will tie in deeper on the unirails.

I think AJ also saved 12 children from a burning farm house in Iowa. :D

Seriously though, other than his outsanding products and longstanding reputation, his customer service is great. After many years of eyeballing a set of super rails, I finally picked up a set. AJ emailed me a number of times with a status update, called me for the credit card number, and emailed me the tracking number as soon as they left the shop. The rails were well packaged, with the sensitive (I use that term loosely) areas taped up.

ARB makes great products. They also have engineers to deal with, and a large factory. Throw in shipping from Australia and you have an expensive product. Their bumpers are a little thin for some, but the design has been a favorite for years. You really can't go wrong with ARB products, they are just expensive.

You can't go wrong with AJ's rock rails and his customer service is excellent. And I'm speaking from the other side of the pond!! Bought a set of rails a couple of years ago and they arrived pretty quickly via air frieght and he didn't rip me off on the shipping costs. Rails were fitted easily. They look the nuts and have taken a fair amount of abuse! I'm just saving for a rear and front bumper now!!
Totally recommended!!

I hear he is good. I went with JCR for my sliders for several reasons but he seems like good people from PM's we have sent back and forth. 280 shipped for super rails seems like a bargain!

I will add my 2 cents as I belive if you like the product tell someone.

I have had AJ's rock rails for about 5 years and love them. His work is Top Notch and prices are great. Do not hesitate buying from him.

Back