• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to figure out what suspension I currently have *pics*

XJ_Otto

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I know I have a lift kit. Duh. I was told when I bought it that it was a 4" Skyjacker lift. I looked on for their 4" kits and couldnt find the right accessories. According to the "dirty measurements" thread in the FAQs, I have 4" of lift up front and 2.75" in the back (saggy leafs, I know). Here are some pics of the components. What I want to know is what is stock and what isnt?

Rear leaves: Is that a lift block? If no, is it a stock spacer or what?
DSCN0158.jpg

Does this look like a stock leaf pack? Or do you think there is a lift block plus an AAL?
DSCN0159.jpg

Front coils: Is that a spacer? If I have 4" of lift and that is a spacer, then the coils must make up the difference, but I know that a spacer isnt going to get me 4".
DSCN0161.jpg

Extended bumpstops?? Correct?
DSCN0162.jpg

Heres the Skyjacker steering stab.
DSCN0164.jpg

All stock steering components and track bar??
DSCN0163.jpg

So it has a Skyjacker steering stabilizer, 4wd Hardware shocks, a 1" t-case drop kit, and sway bar extensions. What do you guys think? I appreciate all the help. Ive got to do something about the saggy ass too, thats killing me.

the rear leaves look stock. plus skyjacker doesn't make 4" kits. the front looks like it might be a 3" coil with the stock isolater and a small spacer. also a .5" lift block and i would def say AAL. does it look like there's stock shackles or longer ones?

looks like a different front swaybar connectors than stock, iirc
and i see your tires rub just about where mine do too

Last edited:
3" AAL in the rear (sagging from stock springs) with 1" spacer, 3 inch coils in front with 1" spacer looks like possible extended bumpstop, stock steering and track bar, front sway bar quick disco's. If you're wanting only 4" of lift I'd recommend getting a full 4" kit that has coils and full leaf packs but stay away from skyjacker as they're suspension is known for being extremely stiff. If you go with RE their suspension will give you more initial lift than listed because they know it will settle in with age to give the final lift as listed.

3" AAL in the rear (sagging from stock springs) with 1" spacer, 3 inch coils in front with 1" spacer looks like possible extended bumpstop, stock steering and track bar, front sway bar quick disco's. If you're wanting only 4" of lift I'd recommend getting a full 4" kit that has coils and full leaf packs but stay away from skyjacker as they're suspension is known for being extremely stiff. If you go with RE their suspension will give you more initial lift than listed because they know it will settle in with age to give the final lift as listed.

Good info...thanks. Swaybar links arent discos tho. Since I dont have a lot of mullah, Id like to start with just a 4" leaf pack out back to start with. The front will have to wait.

Scully, the tire rub marks are from 33's...I have 31's now..no rub.

All good info guys, thank you!

For the rear you can make a bastard pack from the JY for pretty cheap and achieve anywhere from 3-4.5" of lift. Only problem that I've had out of mine is my rear shackles are now vertical but boomerang shackles in the near future will take care of that.

For the rear you can make a bastard pack from the JY for pretty cheap and achieve anywhere from 3-4.5" of lift. Only problem that I've had out of mine is my rear shackles are now vertical but boomerang shackles in the near future will take care of that.

If your shackles are verticle now I don't think boomerangs will help. I think they would if your springs were longer than stock. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back