• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum lines ID help, please....

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
Still sorting out things to be redone/corrected on a recently-purchased rig....

Found a loose, hard-plastic vacuum line at right-front underneath, and determined that it was originally connected to the (missing) vacuum reservoir (if anyone has one available, please let me know....). Then, noticed two disconnected soft lines at lower right-front... What might these have been connected to, originally??

(Lines are temporarily plugged now, of course...:)

Thanks!

I assume your talking about under the dash near your right foot.

There are a number of vacuum lines there for the heater controls. Do all of your vents work OK?

Saudade said:
I assume your talking about under the dash near your right foot.

There are a number of vacuum lines there for the heater controls. Do all of your vents work OK?

No, out front, near the horn/fender brace... Vents/controls have exhibited some 'disagreement with my expressed wishes....', but haven't tested since plugging the lines..

Will take photo, when I can.

Thanks.

Ah.... Yes. Inside the bumper should be a vacuum canister (not sure why I missed that in your op). It "assists" the heater controls and cruise control. If your vents are stuck on "defrost", it's a sign of no vacuum at the actuator.

There are several lines that go to the bottle.

vacuumresrb4.jpg

SORRY....the additional two lines were found at lower LEFT-front(not right, as originally stated...), near fender brace...! Any idea what they were attached to??

Back