• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running a Steering Stabilizer with JCR

i found a few ideas. but id like to see what else everyones done for this.

ooh i have really bad death wobble. almost everythings been replaced
Then you need to find out whats causing it,it sure doesn't have anything to do with the SS.

Whats your caster look like? Track bar bracket tight?

A steering stabilizer will just mask it a little, until it gets warn out and no longer functions as it should, allowing the wobble to come back.

Whats your caster look like? Track bar bracket tight?

A steering stabilizer will just mask it a little, until it gets warn out and no longer functions as it should, allowing the wobble to come back.
caster is at 5 degrees positive. trac bar bracket is tight. thanks for the input

Does anyone have any ideas on running a steering stabilizer with your JCR OTK Steering or any after market cross over steering? Pics? All ideas are welcome. Thanks.

This is what im running. I DO NOT have the factory steering stabilizer mount on the axle side anymore.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1TNSTOTK&Category_Code=S6

I run one designed by procomp for an excursion/f350, and its on JCR UTK.
n1398720503_30485995_1853.jpg

n1398720503_30485996_2128.jpg

That guy with the shades isnt me btw
n1398720503_30485997_2390.jpg

n1398720503_30485999_2922.jpg

I run one designed by procomp for an excursion/f350, and its on JCR UTK.
n1398720503_30485995_1853.jpg

n1398720503_30485996_2128.jpg

That guy with the shades isnt me btw
n1398720503_30485997_2390.jpg

n1398720503_30485999_2922.jpg
thanks for the idea. i dont have the stock SS mount on the axle anymore. i have the OTK which eliminated for it do to clearance issues.

caster is at 5 degrees positive. trac bar bracket is tight. thanks for the input
Pics of what you have would really help!

Better pics would help,cant see the trackbar mounts/angles.How much lift are you running?Looks like factory arms in stock locations?

Better pics would help,cant see the trackbar mounts/angles.How much lift are you running?Looks like factory arms in stock locations?
sorry ill post some tomorrow. i have a 5.5" lift top are facotry but have upper adj. i need to put in. lowers are tomkin adjustables,

I would look at the hiem joint at the frame end of the track bar for a possible DW culprit. It doesn't take much to get the wobble going and a hiem will get loose over time but are easy/cheap to replace.

Kudos for having it double shear though.

I would look at the hiem joint at the frame end of the track bar for a possible DW culprit. It doesn't take much to get the wobble going and a hiem will get loose over time but are easy/cheap to replace.

Kudos for having it double shear though.
thanks for the kudos and the heads up. it sounds like my popping sound is coming from the heim when i jerk the wheel in park. is there supposed to be any play in the heim??

5.5" without DB's or LA's and your wondering why you have DW?

5.5" without DB's or LA's and your wondering why you have DW?
i never had this problem with my stock steering... all of a sudden when i put this aftermarket steering i have all these problems..

It doesnt look like you relocated your trackbar after the OTK conversion.Thus bumpsteer would be an issue.

Back