• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse / Relay box & other questions *pics*

XJ_Otto

NAXJA Forum User
Heres my fuse/relay box under the passenger side of the hood.
0220091707.jpg

The wiring coming from this box has this connector with a blank connection in it...
0220091707a.jpg

Does anyone know what that connector is for? Do I have a slot for the fuse to this plug in the box? Can I wire something up to this and have a "factory" connection?

Is this the emissions device that is supposed to be in the front bumper?
0220091717.jpg

What is this under the driver's side of the hood, next to the airbox, with the wiring coming out of it?
0220091717a.jpg

Thanks guys!

2nd pic. get a good manuel with wiring diagrams to see what the plug is.

3rd pic. thats a vac. can ,yes most are behind the front bumper. Thats a hose not a wire coming out of it.....

4th pic. ECM (Engine Control Module)

Good Luck
Nick

That's not a blank connector plugged in, that's a jumper plug that the factory put into the connector. Probably done because there's an option that would plug into that location that your xj doesn't have. If it was a blank plug then it would be open and you would see the actual pins inside the plug, plus it has that redish orange clip locking the connector and plug in place.

ok, all that is what I meant I guess. All Im looking for on that part is what is the option? (fog lights, etc??) and could I get the other side of the plug and use it to "factory wire" an accessory and use the fuse in the fuse box? Thanks

Based on the way the fuses are arranged (assuming you didn't have any removed when taking the pic) it could possibly be for the abs system. Currently with the way the fuse layout is in pic #1 you don't have fog lamps or ABS as the fuses and relays for both are removed.

Heres my fuse/relay box under the passenger side of the hood.
0220091707.jpg

What year XJ do you have? Did you remove any of those big fuses? I just seems to remember theres being a lot more on the top row in mine.

pdcoc8.jpg

After doing some searching through wiring diagrams I created this image for the newer models as I never could find a definitive answer alot of times.

According to his picture he's got fuse 11, 12, 13, 25, 26 removed along with the two for fog lights and the 1 for ABS.
Since it's not the abs connector it could be likely that it is the fog light connector.

Correct, what is in the picture is what is always installed. If thats a fog light plug, could I wire it to a switch and to some after market fogs?

First thing I'd do is pull that plug off and check to see if there's any voltage there. If you have a fog lamp switch inside try flipping the switch to turn them on and see if anything's there at that point. With all the fuses and relays for the fog lamps removed you shouldn't have voltage there with the switch in either position. If you have voltage there then it's not the fog lamp connector and you should put that plug back in place instead of risking a problem elsewhere.

There is no fog lamp switch in mine. But Ill check the voltage. If I get 12V, then it must have a relay and or a fuse in place, correct? Then I guess I could just pull fuses until the voltage zeros, and there it is. Im going to say it has no voltage though.

pdcoc8.jpg

After doing some searching through wiring diagrams I created this image for the newer models as I never could find a definitive answer alot of times.

According to his picture he's got fuse 11, 12, 13, 25, 26 removed along with the two for fog lights and the 1 for ABS.
Since it's not the abs connector it could be likely that it is the fog light connector.

Do you have a diagram drawn up the same way as this one is for the "kick panel" fuse box??

Back