• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tax Credit

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Who is surprised? Not I. The proposed $15,000 was knocked down to $8,000 for the signed bill. Only $500 over the "current" credit. Also to take advantage of this you must purchase a home before Dec. 1st. Not sure how they think this is gonna help. Everyone is going to be spending the year digging themselves out. People aren't going to be running out purchasing homes, regardless of a credit........................:rolleyes:

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/the-hom...e-home-buyer-tax-credit-6-things-to-know.html

yep, what BS....it actually started out in the first draft as $16,000.00, $8,000.00 for 09 and for 10'. figures, this Bill does nothing for people who earn a living...NOTHING! :flamemad:

BOB

Actually this one helps me!! I just closed on Friday! The previous 7500 was a "intrest free loan" this is an out right credit. For that Uncle Sam has raped me for before, Ill take it.

Beat me by 8 hrs Sean. I was just going to point out the loan vs free money. I got the $7500 loan for my home purchase last July. Interest free and I pay $500 a year out of my Federal return from 2010 through 2024. Wish he had made it retroactive...I would've liked that extra $500 and not paying it back.

Beat me by 8 hrs Sean. I was just going to point out the loan vs free money. I got the $7500 loan for my home purchase last July. Interest free and I pay $500 a year out of my Federal return from 2010 through 2024. Wish he had made it retroactive...I would've liked that extra $500 and not paying it back.

I wasn't even going to argue with the intrest free loan you have, but ill take the free money too! I need to finish off my basement, my mom will eventually live with us, and a friend of the woman's is in the interm. That 8k will help get that done quicker.

Back