• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what locker for D30

mlv1234

NAXJA Forum User
hello i was rebuilding my front end and doing 4.88s and i also want to do a locker. i was looking for something with little maint. and cheep. i DO NOT have locking hubs and this is my DD help..

There are MANY discussions on here about what locker to run. You might want to try searching the archives to find threads that will help you.

Try this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349

IMO, an Aussie will do just fine in the front end. Cant beat the price vs. performance of it.

your gonna wanna search this topic.
locker options, long arms options and what lift with which tires are discussed in new threads weekly, and this time of year even more so.

aussie, lockrite, no slip, ARB, OX, Ected maybe... just to get you started.

I'm with SWbooking on this one. You can't go wrong with Aussie, and it's the cheapest to boot.

^^^ Yep! I have one on the front, will have one on the rear! I have a Detroit now but like the Aussie so much I'm going with them in the back when I re-gear.

One thing about a LB locker, if it breaks on the trail, you can pull it out and put your spiders in and limp home(I carry my front and rear spiders/side gears and spare pins/springs for the Aussie). I can't do that with the Detroit, I'm stuck if it breaks.

Aussie or Lock-Right. THey are the best IMHO. Cheap and reliable.

I have Aussie locker in the front of my DD and it is fine on the road.

How does your rig act in snow with an Aussie up front. I want to lock mine but i am thinking i want a selectable locker. The problem is that they are 3 times the price of an Aussie.

I can't answer that one, we haven't had snow since I locked my XJ 3 years ago:(

That is a good thing and a bad thing! I love snow for about 2 days until the roads are all cleared off and i can't drift around town anymore! :D

I have an aussie locked D30 and drove mine around a lot in the freak snow storm this past december. Kept it in 4wd most of the time and the only thing I realy noticed was that I had to keep a good grip on the wheel and make sure the jeep went where I wanted it to. Had a tendency to push as expected but if you kept on the steering inputs and didn't get crazy it wasn't uncontrollable. Much better than not in 4wd.

Back