• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hitch adapter question

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
A Class II hitch is rated for 3,500# towing capacity.

Can you ever think of any instance where the force needed to recover it is more than the dead weight of the vehicle? I can.

thanks for the very long no. thats all i needed

i really love my class 3 hidden hitch if you keep you're eyes out you can find one cheap. anyway, it sits nice and high, and is infact very hidden. fitment was great. i reccomend.

Another option that I'm going to pick up this weekend. Walmart has a 2" atv receiver that comes with a piece that has a ball mount, tow hook fully welded on, and flat bar for mounting a clevis all for $30.

Excersize caution with that buy. Make sure that it is rated for a good 5,000 to 10,000 pull capacity. Just because they put it on a 2" reciever does not mean it is rated as a reciever for a Class III hitch.

Yah I doubt that it'll say it's rated for a 3-5k pull because it's an assembly that mounts to an ATV using a single 1" bolt. But the piece that goes in the receiver is made of 1/4" steel and welded by robots just like any ball mount (which I've used to pull people out in a pinch) so it should be pretty strong.

Another option that I'm going to pick up this weekend. Walmart has a 2" atv receiver that comes with a piece that has a ball mount, tow hook fully welded on, and flat bar for mounting a clevis all for $30.

why cant you just get a 1 1/4" solid square bar that will fit in your stock reciever, get it long enough to stick out of your reciever, then drill a hole in it that will fit a smaller D ring? or if you have access to a welder, get that square bar, and weld it to a 2" small square block, then drill a hole in that and use a 3/4" d ring...

if your looking for a tow point, you might as well find you a grade 8 bolt that will barely fit the pin hole and tie to that. idk man i think that 1 1/4" to 2" thing would be sketchy because how are they joined together

but period end of story, it will get you out of a jam at say the beach or mud puddle. but so will a regular 1 1/4 ball hitch.

Back