• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anti-Obama signs will get you pulled over by Police. . . .

''When I was on my way there, the Secret Service called me and said they weren't going to ransack my house or anything ... they just wanted to (walk through the house) and make sure I wasn't a part of any hate groups."
Harrison said he invited the Secret Service agents into the house and they were "very cordial."
''We walked through the house and my wife and 2-year-old were in the house," Harrison said.
On what grounds? Whether you're part of a hate group or ELF, isn't it allowable to search the premises to "see if you can find anything". That was totally unreasonable. Damn that's ridiculous.

On what grounds? Whether you're part of a hate group or ELF, isn't it allowable to search the premises to "see if you can find anything". That was totally unreasonable. Damn that's ridiculous.

The way I see it, the LEOs called in the SS to investigate. It is the SS's job to protect the President, so they investigated.

He could have refused to allow them on his premises until they got a search warrant, but he probably figured that since he had nothing to hide anyway, best to let it blow over and take legal action against the LEOs for violating his 1st amendment rights, which is exactly what it sounded like he was doing.

Sometimes, it's best to deal with problems "on the backside". The most powerful people I know are not the ones who argue you to a standstill on the spot, but deal with the problem afterwards.

Here in Austin, stickers dissenting W or the Bush administration are a dime a dozen. I want them all to be seized and for the owners to be investigated.

All kidding aside: this is serious. It all starts as something little. Just 2 weeks ago, I read about an anti-stimulus ad being pulled from myspace or facebook because it was found to be offensive. I'm sure this isn't the last case of censoring we'll see anytime soon.

He could have refused to allow them on his premises until they got a search warrant, but he probably figured that since he had nothing to hide anyway, best to let it blow over and take legal action against the LEOs for violating his 1st amendment rights, which is exactly what it sounded like he was doing.

quote]

It is never, never, never, never, never, never EVER a wise decision to allow ANY law enforcment agency to "have a look" anywhere without a warrent or probable cause and they had best define their "probable cause" up front.

:hang:

To do so is just plain STUPID!

Back