• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will YJ Flares fit on an XJ?

cher96

NAXJA Forum User
Will YJ Flares fit on an XJ?

If TJ flares fit i don't see why not. Its basically the same size just different design. I'd be curious to know myself. I like the smaller side marker lights and have a spare set at the house.

I found this photo but I have never seen YJ rear flares mounted on an XJ.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Body/YJ_Flares.htm

The phrase, "told ya so," doesn't quite cut it...

Anyway. Rear YJ flares all around might not look so bad, but there's a reason the TJ flares are so common - they don't look nearly as bad. In fact, rear TJs on all four wheel wells actually can look pretty decent, if you ask me.

if anything, i'd mount the yj rear flares at all corners... but certainly not the fronts.

I just puked in my mouth seeing that, whats even worse is it doesnt fit the body line all the way down on the cherokee. I screwed up a set of tj flares once on my old cherokee and they still looked better than that!

YJ rear flares fit on the rear of a trimmed XJ like a glove and look just fine... see for yourself (fronts are TJ take'em or leave'em)

n507916911_922669_374.jpg

n507916911_146638_5054.jpg

I admit the TJ front are not everyones piece of cake, but they cover better than stock n I actually like them.

The YJ rears tho, fit like they were supposed to go there. I trimmed to the pinch seam, folded and stuck them up there... with the plastic rim they have on them they are perfect.

Just run the tj rears up front and in back they look so good when done right. We all know that the xjs are very easy to make look semi-modern and the yjs styling was outdated even for its time... EW!

Back