• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aux fuel tank in cargo area overland style

Hi Gang!

After a long hard search for a larger gas tank for my '99 I've not been able to find any thing suitable.

I'm thinking I may install a marine below deck poly tank inside my XJ,
I found this one:
http://www.wmjmarine.com/moe-32518.html
It's 18 gallons and measures 36.5"Lx18.25"Wx7.25"H. They also have one that is 10" longer and holds 25 gallons.
It would be installed under a rear cargo deck with venting to the outside via the stock filler. I would plumb it to have a separate fill incorporated in to the rear most space just below the cargo deck. I would use a transfer pump to fil the main tank.

I could use a bit of help!
My XJ is parked about 60 miles away so I can't pull any measurements. Anyone know what the length of the cargo area is both with the rear seat up as well as down?

Comments thoughts and suggestions are most welcome!

HELP!

Hi Gang!
I could use a bit of help!
My XJ is parked about 60 miles away so I can't pull any measurements. Anyone know what the length of the cargo area is both with the rear seat up as well as down?

Why do you want to carry so much fuel?The XJ's range is over 300 miles as is.

Why do you want to carry so much fuel?The XJ's range is over 300 miles as is.

Uh, I want more range...;)

Do you happen to have the dimensions I'm looking for?

Uh, I want more range...;)

Do you happen to have the dimensions I'm looking for?

31" Seat back up in normal position - from back of seat to hatch.
56" Seat back folded down - from back of seat bottom to rear hatch.
Measurements may be a little short since I measured at the shortest points (seat back tilts, hatch is not flat)

2001 XJ measurements

31" Seat back up in normal position - from back of seat to hatch.
56" Seat back folded down - from back of seat bottom to rear hatch.
Measurements may be a little short since I measured at the shortest points (seat back tilts, hatch is not flat)

2001 XJ measurements

Many, many thanks:cheers:

Double post

Last edited:
Back