• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving gas tank into rear cargo?

KentuckyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
did some searching but couldnt find much....

what does it take to move the factory tank up into the cargo area?

would it be possible to sink it down in the floor to the seam?

just trying to get some idea's here

just cut out the floor and drop the tank in the hole. It should sit on the seam of the tank on top of the hole.

thats exactly what im wanting....what all had to be done? or was it as simple as cutting a hole and dropping it in?

IMG_4437.jpg

not my jeep, but they are the underbody pics of the pic jjvande posted. the build thread can be found here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507763

as for the shocks mounts, they're still there, thats what the shocks hanging there are mounted to. if ur moving the rear axle back though, it doesnt really matter since new mounts will be required.

wow nice rig man just read the whole thread...

i may be doing this soon, do you have to extend any fuel lines or wiring?

wow nice rig man just read the whole thread...

i may be doing this soon, do you have to extend any fuel lines or wiring?

It depends on how you want the hoses routed if they have to be extended, but the wires go down through the body under the rear seat, so you should just be able to pull them back up through the hole and have more than enough length.

i dont want to extend the lines if i dont have to, guess ill have to get on my back and see what i can figure out under there

more pics would be great guys

Back