• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4L QUESTION

They do fit and bolt up, but you'd need to plug the EGR and adapt the TPS

They do fit and bolt up, but you'd need to plug the EGR and adapt the TPS

Fit? Yah.

Bolt up? Maybe.

Ports won't line up tho - and that's the critical part anyhow. Yeah, they can be adapted to work (RENIX manifolds on HO head would be easier than HO manifolds on RENIX head,) but how much work is he willing to put into it?

The key difficulty lies in that the HO intake ports are 5/8" higher than the RENIX ports.

so in a matter of seconds 5 -90 you yet again have educated me.

so my 88 RENIX with the 93 ho intake that i have will not work together in harmony huh?

this saddens me.

what can be done to the RENIX to get comparable power increases like an intake swap?

so in a matter of seconds 5 -90 you yet again have educated me.

so my 88 RENIX with the 93 ho intake that i have will not work together in harmony huh?

this saddens me.

what can be done to the RENIX to get comparable power increases like an intake swap?

As mentioned - just swap the entire top end. You'll have to adapt the RENIX TPS to the HO throttle body (easier to do than the manifolds,) but the HO head "breathes" better than the RENIX anyhow - that's why the ports were raised.

oh well in that case i have what i need already. my 99 has the blown motor so ill pull the head off of it any way....oh i like this idea.

THANKS 5-90.!

Back