• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 hp question

themud

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched high and low and cant find a concrete wms measurement for a 77 hp 44 out of a f-150 and seriously I have spent 2 days searching some say 65" and some say 66" I took mine apart before I measured it a little help here would be nice...
themud

Im trying to decide if I need to buy wheel spacers for the 44 rear I have which is 65" wms..

once oyu get it all back together measure and get a definite, i dont think one inch will matter that much anyways

Why add width to the rear? If it's 66 and the rear is 65 you have the 1" difference you typically want. Spacers would make the rear wider than the front.

Or am i missing something here?

If its 66" its fine the guy I bought it from told me it was a 76 ford f-150 that was 67" wms and the bom # tells me its a 77 and not crap about the wms... If its 2" short Ill put 1/2" spacer or .75" spacers to help close it up...
themud

Back