• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RUSTY's LCA's

MPETESS10

NAXJA Forum User
ok I have read NUMEROUS trheads in my searches about rustys junk. and i have to say I will never ever use a Rustys trackbar or tie rod.
but how are their LCA's I like the idea of them because they use an OEM bushing so if the bushing fails I can just replace it with new ones and they will be easy to find as opposed to the bushings in other company's arms

have you guys ever used Rustys arms and if so whats your thoughts on them

as an FYI I am running a 99 XJ with a 4" lift and stock arms right now.

yes. they are on a trail only vehicle with RC drop brackets...
just keep them well greased. these are about yr and a half old
they have held up (so far) to some beating
DSC03657.jpg

My 00' had rustys suspension on it when I bought it. Best investment I ever made was throwing all of it away and replacing it with my tnt kit. There are better companys out there that will actually stand behind their product unlike Rusty. You can get replacement bushings easily whether their oem or not I would not use that as a deciding factor.

Last edited:
yes. they are on a trail only vehicle with RC drop brackets...
just keep them well greased. these are about yr and a half old
they have held up (so far) to some beating

Do you have any better pics of this? I've got the rusty's lca's and uca's and will be adding the TM drop brackets. I wanted to see how the bend in the lca works out. I'm on 6"

Do you have any better pics of this? I've got the rusty's lca's and uca's and will be adding the TM drop brackets. I wanted to see how the bend in the lca works out. I'm on 6"

sure
DSC03646.jpg

DSC03645.jpg

i run 4.5" rc springs with homemade 2" spacers

Rusty's makes a couple of different control arms. Adjustable, non-adjustable, and a couple different joint types.

I run a set of fixed Rusty's lowers with OEM type bushings and a set of older Rusty's upper control arms with OEM bushing.
They seem to hold up to the trail.

I have the Rusty's fixed lowers for about 4 years. They have held up very well. I would buy them again in a heart beat.

I have rustys fixed LCA and they are crap, replace the bushings about every 3-4 months, They get worn and clunk around. I can wait to get this crap off my car.

I have rustys fixed LCA and they are crap, replace the bushings about every 3-4 months, They get worn and clunk around. I can wait to get this crap off my car.

It may have something to do with your install process or he bushings you use because I don't have these problems.

I can wait to get this crap off my car.

well theres your problem right there. maybe if they were mounted on a jeep like they were intended they wouldnt wear out so quick :wave:

just playin.

anyhow thanks for all the replies. looks like rustys LCA's are about like every thing else. hit or miss. some people beat the crap outta them and never have a problem others have nothing but problems.

I guess I have some decisions to make. thats okay I have some time to think it over before I get my next paycheck.

thanks again guys. if anyone else wants to chime in on this matter please feel free. the more responses I get the easier it will be for me to make my mind up

Back