• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Don't think this is Heat Soaking........

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
I've been having symptoms of what I thought were from a heat soaked engine....Rough starts after shutting down for a while after moderate slow trail wheeling. I can just rev the motor and it goes away. But I noticed last night during a rough start if I revved the motor the tach was jumping. It was at 3000rpm and kinda bounced to 4000 glitching up and down for a second or two. Someone told me the camshaft sensor might be acting up...I've had a rough start after the Jeep sat for an hour or more also, and that was just after driving around town in the dead of winter!!

Last edited:
The guy was close. Check out your CPS. Crank position sensor. Usually unpluging it and replugging it back it will get rid of the glitches. The sensor causes all kinds of weird problems.

Here is a pic of it for reference. Note just unplug it and plug it back in.

Crankshaft_Position_Sensor_diagram.jpg

If this doesnt help at all please post up, if it does help please post up.

This is more less a temp fix but it may last for a few months before you have to do it again.

Back