• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On board air

aueaglexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have read a few past treads and other articles on coverting A/C compressor to on board air compressor. My question is has any one tried this, how well does it work, and if it works well what is involved in the conversion. Any input on this would help a lot thanks
Aueagle :firedevil

hey, it works really well. I have run an impact wrench off mine and it inflates tires really fast. Pretty simple to do as well. I have seen a couple of writeups on it someplace, but don't recall where. Good luck!

I did it to my 86 works great will fill a air tank to 110 # in a around 45 sec. to do it I just hooked a air filter to the intake side of the compressor and a air line to a tank , I also put in a pressure switch to shut off the commpress at 110# and turn it on at 80#then switched that to a toggle inside .it cost me around $50.00 to do it.. you will want to oil the compressor often I just squrit a little oil in ever so offen.

Back