• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i cut and folded

f1tbiker6

NAXJA Forum User
the front fenders!
DSC_0159-1.jpg

DSC_0165-1.jpg

should i do the rears too?

I'd get rid of that lip and trim the back farther, right now it looks like the wheel isn't centered at all, and the first time you flex it out you're gonna rip up those folds.

Yes..
do the rears too.
One question.....
Why cut and fold the front, why not just cut?

If you cut and fold the fender isn't gonna flex like crazy as it will add some rigidity to it. I would think the fender would be quite flimsy if he just cut it!

If you cut and fold the fender isn't gonna flex like crazy as it will add some rigidity to it. I would think the fender would be quite flimsy if he just cut it!

Not really a concern, you aren't likely to run the front fender into anything. Even if you did, a folded edge isn't really going to add enough stiffness to avoid denting it.

You cut and fold the rear because you want to leave as much material there as possible to keep the pinch seam intact, so after trimming about 3/4" off, you do relief cuts about every 5-6" and fold about a 1" lip up underneath. Gives maximum tire clearance while maintaining reasonable structural integrity.

Not really a concern, you aren't likely to run the front fender into anything. Even if you did, a folded edge isn't really going to add enough stiffness to avoid denting it.

You cut and fold the rear because you want to leave as much material there as possible to keep the pinch seam intact, so after trimming about 3/4" off, you do relief cuts about every 5-6" and fold about a 1" lip up underneath. Gives maximum tire clearance while maintaining reasonable structural integrity.

I understand that it won't avoid denting the fender it just seems like the fender wouldn't flex as much if you folded it over.

It doesn't flex at all anyhow, so it's wasted effort. In fact, it would look worse because you'd warp it while folding the edge.

It doesn't flex at all anyhow, so it's wasted effort. In fact, it would look worse because you'd warp it while folding the edge.

Good call! I didn't think of it like that!

yea mine the front are just cut and it's not that flimsy...
yes you can push it in and out, but no it's doesn't flex around or wobble while I'm driving or anything, it actually needs direct pressure from something to move at all

That's full flex? Do you still have the sway bars connected? At full flex, I can stuff my 32's inside my fenders, and they are cut the same as yours.

Oh, and like others suggested, I cut the rear part of my front fenders more because they were going to rub when turned and flexing. Still looks good.

Something doesn't seem right. I have a 2.5" budget bosst, with 30's. And at full flex I can rub the front fender WITH the swaybars attached, and well as make the rear tires barrrrrrely tuck under the fender flares. Also I agree, the wheel doesn't look centered anymore. Just cut the seam off and get some door molding or put the flare back on.

DSC02060.jpg

look like trails back there. how many lines you got in those trails? looks like at least a six pack.

I'd get rid of that lip and trim the back farther, right now it looks like the wheel isn't centered at all, and the first time you flex it out you're gonna rip up those folds.

Probably because his LCAs are too short.

Back