• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Izusu trooper rear control arms

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
So i was looking at an older trooper out at pick a part and was looking that the rear control arms(not sure if thats what they are) and wondered if they could be mod'ed to fit the LCA's on the cherokee's. I figure cutting them to size and sleaving them with a thick wall tube. Haven't really looked into it but it seems possible. I will need to score some mesurements of them and see if they could work. Just looking for outsiders opinions.

Thanks'

-PJ-

i saw an old trooper at a yard yesterday here in germany and wondered what that rear end was. it is a drop out third member axle under and looked pretty stout, discs too. any thoughts?

Izuzu 12 bolt I think.

as for control arms, there are a few control arms that will bolt into place as opposed to having to cut/sleeve them. what size lift you want to use them on?

For the amount of time and effort that would take, why not buy something that will actually fit without having to reweld everything?

Izuzu 12 bolt I think.

as for control arms, there are a few control arms that will bolt into place as opposed to having to cut/sleeve them. what size lift you want to use them on?
If its disc and leaf sprung it should be the 12bolt. Thats a pretty strong axle but I have no real world figures to back that up ,only what I have heard.

If its disc and leaf sprung it should be the 12bolt. Thats a pretty strong axle but I have no real world figures to back that up ,only what I have heard.

ha, this thread is about control arms... mmm...

and yeah, supposedly pretty stout, but not much aftermarket support, maybe an ARB, some LSDs, and possibly a lunchbox for it.

As for control arms, I was kinda wondering the same thing too... Aren't there some Honda's with four link rears too?

WTF this thread went down hill fast...lets keep on track here...

right now i have a 3" BB on my '89 but plan on going with the RE 4.5 in the future...

-PJ-

WTF this thread went down hill fast...lets keep on track here...

right now i have a 3" BB on my '89 but plan on going with the RE 4.5 in the future...

-PJ-
Whats your real question?Are they the correct length,bushing width,bolt size,shape?Whats the bushing diameter,material?It seems like a ton of work for un-known gains?

Are they the correct length,bushing width,bolt size,shape?Whats the bushing diameter,material?It seems like a ton of work for un-known gains?

Back