• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Venting

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my bike back from the shop. Spent $400 getting the valves adjusted and carbs synced and new chain installed tune up and valve cover gasket. Got on it and headed home noticed the engine sounded a little different thought maybe that was just the way a freshly tuned and adjusted motor was supposed to sound.

Got home left it running and gave it a once over. Inspected the new gasket the GDamn!!!!! thing was leaking. WTF So of course they are closed tomorrow so I have to take it in on monday and hope that they can fix it so that I have a way to work on tuesday.

End vent.

Im dropping it off early monday am. Working on the jeep tomorrow gotta try and get the steering right. wanna come over and do some red neck straightening? gotta recenter the front axle Im sure that will help with the tracking. Forgot my kid has an appointment at 1 so Im out. Damn kids

Last edited:
The idoits at quenseys in loven grove changed my tranny oil and put waaay to much in, It gushed out of the vent tude i guess. I covered my rear brakes and i was brakeless at 90mph. I took it in for a 3K mile tune up. My bike only has 3400miles on it, it had 1500 when i bought it and its a 01.

You paid someone to adjust your valves and sync your carbs?

:nono:

BTW what gasket was leaking?

x2. I thought the same thing yesterday but didn't type it. You have to learn to work on your own bikes. For one, its too expensive paying people. 2nd is NOBODY cares more about your bike than you (important when on only 2 wheels). I'd help you do all that stuff but I am in OC.

They replaced the top gasket(valve cover) because it was leaking and they had to pull the cover anyway. If this wasnt my only source of transportation I might have attemted it myself, but I dont have a clue when it comes to motorcycle engines.

Suzuki katana 750

They installed it and screwed it up. hmm maybe they'll give me some money back??? wishfull thinking. They seem like a good shop. Shit happens I just hope they can take care of it tomorrow.

If the only problem is a leaky gasket it may just be easier to fix it yourself.
I don't know how hard it is to get to the valve cover to repair it, but if it has easy access, maybe remove the cover and add some form-a-gasket and re torque the cover.
It just maybe easier than all the hassle with getting it to the shop and all...

Back