• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minor freshen up on my 150K 4.0! Cam swap?

98 jeepjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Little history on my plans.

My 98 HO 4.0 has 152K and runs good with no oil consumption (blowby tubes are as dry as the day it was new) when i bought it a freeze plug on the side of the block under the manifolds had a hole. I replaced all 5 then, now the last one on the back of the block has started to weep. so i need to pull the motor. I also have the annoying Lifter tap i want to replace them aswell and at this time freshen up the head. I already have a 99.5+ intake waiting to go on. the truck has a 63MM ported TB on it now. I am in the process of geting a spare HO cylinder head to home port and have freshed up with new springs and seals. im going to be installing a new timing chain,oil pump and all new gaskets at this time. My Jeep is a DD seeing around 60-100 miles a day easily. so i need it to remain reliable. i dont want to do a stroker/forced induction i have a 400HP mustang for when i need more. Should i put a aftermarket cam from maybe hesco or crane in along with some roller rockers or am i just wasting my money with the cam?

Back