• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photography Assignment: Shallow DOF.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Lets see your Shallow Depth of Field pics.
Here is my first not so good submission.
20090206_0314_edited-1.jpg

d90raw022.jpg

old, but one of my favorite examples :D 24mm Sigma, shot at f1.8 and ISO800. I was reeeeally pushing it with the available light. DOF was about 6-8". :D

284106397_2HSD4-L-4.jpg

DSC_00252.jpg

My girlfriend likes to dress her dogs. Its pretty sad.

I think dog photos are hard to stand out these days, but something about this capture really gets me. I like the total focus on the "puppy eyes" and the natural washing from the window light to dull the background and put the focus on the pup. Very well framed buddy.

This looks like it is taken from the top of stairs, am I correct?

I think dog photos are hard to stand out these days, but something about this capture really gets me. I like the total focus on the "puppy eyes" and the natural washing from the window light to dull the background and put the focus on the pup. Very well framed buddy.

This looks like it is taken from the top of stairs, am I correct?

Yes it was takin from the top of the stairs. Thanks!

-Zach

Here's a few I took, I hope all of them apply. I know some of them aren't that great.

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_2073.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

Do these count?
DSC_2731.jpg

DSC_2750.jpg

Western Spiderwort
Westernspiderwort.jpg

some extremes, Butler Wash ruins overlook
ButlerwashDoF1.jpg

ButlerwashDoF2.jpg

Sacred Datura, would have preferred a slightly broader DOF to include all the petal edges on this one.

Volvo C30 matchbox
mtchbxVlvoC30.jpg

lwrbelresFlwr.jpg

Handlebars on the Elephant Hill trail
NeedlesDoF1.jpg
NeedlesDoF2.jpg

Back