• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad night

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
well last night definitely wasnt the best friday night ive had.. me and my friend were just messin around in the desert havin a little fun and on my way to drop him off at his truck i hit i massive patch of black ice and swerved all over the place and ended up hitting the curb and flipping and ended up completely upside down on the roof and turned around 180 degrees. i was only goin about 30mph, so it goes to show how dangerous black ice can really be. Thankfully me and tyler were wearing out seat belts and walked away with no injuries. And a BIG thanks to dennis for coming out at 10pm to sit with us until some more help arrived. AAA didnt cover it so we had to pay out of pocket for him to roll it back over, but they covered the tow.. im just glad we are alright. and for some reason once again i cant seem to copy the img code, so if someone could post the 5 pics up i would appreciate it. no wonder i had a massive head ache afterwards.

http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/alek4dirtbikes/

WRECK_05.jpg

WRECK_04.jpg

WRECK_03.jpg

WRECK_01.jpg

Alek, it was not problem going over there, just thankfully you are ok. I was slipping a bit on the same spot when I pulled up.

It could have been much worse and that you have a black XJ it was hard to see.

Take care of what you need to take care of and if you need any help just give us a holler.

Now take some advil get some rest and worry about it next week.

damn that looks like it could of hurt. Glad everyones alright!
Leep to the rescue once again!

holy crap man! glad you guys didn't get your heads all busted up. i hit a few patches of that sh*t coming down the mountain from julian a few nights ago in the snow, it is SPOOKY. :wow:

That a BUMMER!!! Good to hear that you are ok...

I'm sure you can find a real cheap stock XJ in this economy and transfer over the lift, wheels, and axles (if they are geared).

Rest up man.. You might be able to get some extra sympathy from a lady-friend considering it's V-Day.. ;) - milk it... milk it..

E

damn that looks like it could of hurt. Glad everyones alright!
Leep to the rescue once again!

to be honest i didnt really feel anything, took me a while to get out of my seat belt, and i dont remember if i fell on my head or not.

holy crap man! glad you guys didn't get your heads all busted up. i hit a few patches of that sh*t coming down the mountain from julian a few nights ago in the snow, it is SPOOKY. :wow:

yea it looks like it woulda done a number to our heads, but luckily it didnt.. yea black ice is a bitch! im definitely being wayy more cautious from now on.

What made it bad was that is the only street in this entire area that has curbs. If there were no curbs he would have been ok. The street is narrow and very high crown. Not to mention that the cars that did stop to help slid past us then had to back up.

that is very true, the only street that had curbs and i had to be on it lol.. yea about 10 cars that were trying to stop to see if we needed help hit the breaks and skid right past us.

Holy chit, glad you walked away unhurt..Thank god you had your belts on

thanks man, seat belts are a life saver!

That a BUMMER!!! Good to hear that you are ok...

I'm sure you can find a real cheap stock XJ in this economy and transfer over the lift, wheels, and axles (if they are geared).

Rest up man.. You might be able to get some extra sympathy from a lady-friend considering it's V-Day.. ;) - milk it... milk it..

E

thanks man, thats wat i plan on doin, im just wondering what my english teacher is gonna say when i tell him my senior project is totaled lol.

hmm.. i like the way you think.. :smootch:

it will buff right out!!!!!!!!!!!! truggy?!?!?!?! definately buy it back. glad you are ok.

lol dude i wish! if i had mad fab skills like you a truggy would be a thought,, and im for sure buying it back!

Yikes...that was a rather thorough bust-up of your rig--really glad the damage is to steel & fiberglas rather than brains and bones!! Definitely milk it for whatever V-Day bennies you can get!!

BTW, what year is your rig?

lol dude i wish! if i had mad fab skills like you a truggy would be a thought,, and im for sure buying it back!
the school auto shop will have the tools and you just need to get someone that welds, you do the bending, you don't have the interior to worry about any more, top and doors are off, plenty of room to work and weld!!! this is the ideal time to learn to do the fab work, you built the jeep so you have the mechanical side down, the teacher will be impressed when you go the next step on your senior project, fabing!!! you can do it, we all learn some time.

Alek man I really hope your alright man...that looks really bad. Glad you and your friend are ok.

Let me know if you part it out...:kissyou: Just kidding man..

We will find you another one. Looks like your fiberglass is still good though..

well last night definitely wasnt the best friday night ive had.. me and my friend were just messin around in the desert havin a little fun and on my way to drop him off at his truck i hit i massive patch of black ice and swerved all over the place and ended up hitting the curb and flipping and ended up completely upside down on the roof and turned around 180 degrees. i was only goin about 30mph, so it goes to show how dangerous black ice can really be. Thankfully me and tyler were wearing out seat belts and walked away with no injuries. And a BIG thanks to dennis for coming out at 10pm to sit with us until some more help arrived. AAA didnt cover it so we had to pay out of pocket for him to roll it back over, but they covered the tow.. im just glad we are alright. and for some reason once again i cant seem to copy the img code, so if someone could post the 5 pics up i would appreciate it. no wonder i had a massive head ache afterwards.

http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/cc351/alek4dirtbikes/
ill buy it off you for 50 bucks and some JB Welded knuckles. you rolled your dads jeep?? that sucks glad youre ok.:anon:

Back