• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tilt wheel with delay wipers

Grunstad

NAXJA Forum User
I am switching my steering column to a tilt wheel column but the new one has delay/intermittent wipers and the old one does not ..........Will they work? Or do I have to change the wiper motor also?

Thanks

Hallo again.
The wiper switch has normally 7 wires to the intermittent wiper control module.
From here, 1 wire goes to the waterpump and 4 wires have to go to the wipermotor.
If there is no IWCM, you do have a problem. :wave1:

'92 XJ

I am not absolutely sure about the motor but you will definitely have to add the delay module that plugs in under the lower dash panel just in front of your left knee. Available from various places including ebay where I think I paid ~$40.

I thought you can just plug the wiring together without the intermittent module in the middle? You won't have intermittents, but low speed would still work.

You are correct -- he should have low and high speed. Perhaps I misinterpreted, I thought he wanted delay or at least wanted to see what he needed to gain that function.

Back