• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeepspeed where to get started

onyx maximus

NAXJA Forum User
ok here the deal, I’m 17 and got a good job with a shit load of money to put into this, I have a lot of exeriense with beating the shit out of a shitting truck and fixing with duck tape pretty much, but I’m kind of tired with that and instead of going slow rockin and muddin, I want to go fast and make a jeepspeed like truck and maybe race it someday, so does anyone have a list of what you can and cant have in a jeepspeed, I have a good motor and body, I can build my own roll cage and weld up anything, I need to know what kind/ and how high of lift is good for jumping and good on heavy terrain and whatever I need or any good advise,

is the jeep going into a garage for a year? or is it a dd?
what kinda front suspension do you want to run? conventional 4 link+tb? bolt ins-vs-fabbed?
does it have to stay street legal? you can buy an awesome tow rig w/ a shitload of money right?

Step 1 check out jeepspeed.com for rules

I would go woth 5-6" lift msny go-fasters like the full traction kit.
I really doubt you can go wrong with a deaver leaf pack.
Get some good shocks Sway-away, fox, bils, king, foa, etc
Study every build you can find including Skullver's thats on here.

Well thats a start but plan on money time money time and more money. Have fun

Without getting heavy into detail, start with the Full Traction 4 link long arm system, Deaver springs in the rear, and 2.5" fox, bilstien, etc up front, with an air bump inside. By the time you get that far, you'll know more about Jeepspeed you'll ever want to know.
Ha ha so true I dont have half that and I think sometiimes I need to start learning other things or jeep is gonna be the only thing I can put on a resume.

thanks, for the next 3 mounths il be collecting parts and looking for another cheap car, then i got a car port to leave my jeep in with a cement floor, i would like to keep it street legal, ill be working on the roll cage and fortifying the unibody intill then, does anyone have any pics that show how you have made the unibody sronger,

you need to check out jeepspeed.com and look at skullvers build on here. Read all the zillion pages of skullvers build and you will understand more then you could think to ask.

Back