• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thermometer

POLmagnum

NAXJA Forum User
This isnt a realy big deal but my 92 xj has a digital compass and thermometer well what im wondering is the thremo. conected to the antana, the compass works but he thermo doesnt , and my antana is gone. I get a letter code on the digital read out I cant remember what it is though

It's the temp sensor. Right behind the center of the front bumper bolted to the core support. It will look black pplastic with a plug with two wires. It probably reads OL on the display? Go to a boneyard and get one out of a Grand Cherokee or XJ, they both will work. Although one is plug and play and the other you will need to splice the wire harness plug onto it.

Hallo '92 Jeeper.
My display is also stop working. First the compass, later the temp.
First I thought, that the display was broken by aging.
It is a VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display),but I renewed with others from the boneyard, without succes.
I think there is a problem with the electrical wiring.
I can't find the ground or connectors under the dash from the display.
I keep searching. :roll:

'92 XJ

Is this a factory compass and temp? If so what was the earliest model that it was available in? Where is the display located? I have an 1988 pioneer and all I have is the digital clock.

Some of the cheaper models had no overhaed console thus no compass/thermometer.

I guess my question is or should be, what was the first year it was offered and what models had this option? I have a factory sunroof and I didn't think that there was a console that worked with the sunroof.

The OHC started in 88. It's a simple swap, be sure to get the wiring harness and roof brackets with it. Also grab the temp sensor up in front. If you have a sunroof get one from a Grand Cherokee with a sunroof and OHC. You will only be able to use compass and temp on it though.

Back