• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gov't BANS Youth Dirt Bikes and ATV,

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
From another forum I'm on...

Quote:
Anyone see the new youth motorcycle/ATV ban that went into effect?

Apparently too many kids today are eating the lead battery terminals and batteries in their dirt bikes so the government had to step in and BAN them - WTF is this stupid government comming to?

Honda has even required all dealers to pull ALL sub 100cc ATV's and bike off showroom floors and they have removed all youth products from their factory motorcycle web site.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84586

I verified, Yamaha's website lists their youth models as "temporarily unavailable" Honda has completely remove anyhing under 100cc's, and the other manufacturers have followed suit. Suzuki has wiped ALL their youth and non motocross bikes/atvs from their website.

What country are we living in? Certaintly not the USA.

I wish I had kept my old honda 50 and xr80 and yamaha 80 from years ago.

I don't have kids, But when I do, They are going to ride mutherf*cking dirt bikes damnit. Good thing honda 50's run for like 1000000 years. But I'll be paying 5x what they are actually worth.

Welp, sounds like kids'll just have to grow up faster and learn on the 125s...:D
Seriously though, retarded idea banning them for sale. There ain't nothing wrong with them, dirt bikes aren't a controlled substance. What's next, Power Wheels?

What country are we living in? Certaintly the USA.

Fixxed it, just another case where capitialism has outlived its usefulness and is destroying our country. This is what happens when captialist insurance companies line the coffers of attorneys.

I posted that just for you. :wave: I haven't finished with the CBP reading material you provided

No, the Government has no Banned Youth dirt bikes and ATVs.

The Blue Ribbon Coalition put this one out a couple of weeks ago.

The Consumer Protection Agency, got a bit hinky about lead because of last year's Chinese paint scare, and banned it across the board for anything a Youth might possibly come in contact with. They gave a deadline for that rule as early this spring.

The Fed has since backed off their stance under pressure of reasonably minded people, but only as so far as to give them time to create equal substitutes.

Overly protective Parents + Chinese lead paint scare = Over reaction.

Those who have some common sense, need to make their opinion clear to the Consumer Protection Agency that devices like ATVs and Cycles aren't normally inserted in the mouth and chewed on.

What if a kid eats his own crap. Maybe we have to ban them from taking a crap.
Do you eat your own crap, is that where this highly intelligent comment came from? Your comment making sense would mean allowing kids dumb enough to eat their own crap to eat their own crap.

Back