• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 89 Cherokee Limited

audiomoe318

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 cherokee limited that had a small fire under the hood. Burned up the whole top of the motor and most of the engine wiring harness. I need to know what parts I will be able to interchange with other years and models. I am looking to replace the entire intake manafold and the wiring harness. Any info about which parts from which jeeps are a match to what I have would be helpful. Thanks

Intake will be the same from 87-90. When Jeep started getting up to either 89 or 90, they simplified the Renix harness a lot doing away with the C101 connector on the firewall, you'll need to check around but I'm thinking only 89 or 90 wiring harnesses will work for you.

I just bought it and havent looked into it a whole lot, but the guy I bought it from put an inline fuel pump in and I think he bypassed the return line. So it over pressurized and blew off a line or weakened something..

Thanks I appreciate the info, Intake from the 87-90. And harness from the 89-90.

Back