• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 XJ temp / blend cable replacement

Camo-5

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone replaced just the cable? I found tons of info on swapping parts on the HVAC unit and core, but nothing on just the cable. I don't want to remove 1/2 the I/P if I don't have too.

I'm in no big hurry since I have heat. The problem is a bad kink in the cable won't allow me to go to cold. We had a warm spell earlier this week and I was sweating my butt off. Just the old days of running the heat on high in the middle of the summer to keep my old beaters from overheating in high school.

Thanks for any info you may have. I always ask first before I dig into it because there always seems to be a better way than I manage to do things!

I don't think the cable replacement is that big a deal, center panel that goes over the radio/controls, pull it, remove the kick panel under the steering wheel, maybe remove the glove box, should give you access to the areas you need.

Back