• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade sway bar discos

dhreeves

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a 3" lift and now my sway bar links are too short. I have heard that it is pretty easy to make your own quick discos. Does anyone know how to do this?

Take your old end links from the front sway bar and cut off the round bushing end. Take your rear end links and do the same. Weld the bushings to a piece of tubing the appropriate leingth. (Front bushing on top rear bushing on bottom) Next take 3 peices of flat bar (aprox. 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" cut to fit your application) weld them together in a box shape. Weld a 1" X 1/2" bolt to the top of the "box" (to be bolted to the end of the sway bar) Drill a 1/2" hole through the sides of the "box" Now take some grade 8 bolts with a non threaded shank of at least 2" and cut the threads off of two of them and the heads off of the other two. take the two with the threads cut off and drill a small hole through the shank to put a hitch pin through. take the two bolts with the head cut off and do the same. then thread a nut onto the headless bolt, place the threaded end through the lower end link mount and place a nut on the other side and tighten. Take the "box" and bolt it to the end of the sway bar. Install the tubing with the ends welded on using the pins that you made from the grade 8 bolts.

I know that the above may be confusing (I got confused just writhig it) I'm sorry I don't have any pictures. If XJChuck72 reads this he has all of the pictures. My computer crashed and I lost all of mine. Chuck and I have been using these discos for about 8 months now and they work great. Easy on easy off, while the guys with the $130 discos are beating theres on and off with hammers. I made mine adjustable with some threaded rod, you may want to do the same if you ever plan to increase your lift. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

throw them AWAY!!! not even worth ur time and energy! my jeep is 8 inches and a daily driver so i know what i am talking about here!! WORTHLESS!!!!:D

stoney

Back