• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Carne Asada?

Jump This

Just another minion!
So, who do you think makes the best carne asada?
I'm looking at getting us the best fringin' carne around!
Who makes it?
Where is it?

This is going to be good!
(Will need maybe.......70lbs. of it.)

So, who do you think makes the best carne asada?
I'm looking at getting us the best fringin' carne around!
Who makes it?
Where is it?

This is going to be good!
(Will need maybe.......70lbs. of it.)

You do realize we had 200 burgers, and 50 hotdogs last year....and had 3 left over burgers.

Better make that 100lbs. :D

Trader Joes has some nice carne asada! Miguel's (owned by Brigantine) has a cookbook that had an ok carne asada. But Trader Joes was friggin' good! Of course, it's like $7 a pound....but you didn't ask about cheap carne asada. =)

Hey Rick, since I know you get up to N. County on occasions (like Thursday for growler fills, err, I mean work) you might want to check out Talones Meat Market in Escondido.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...Talones+Meat+Market+Escondido,+CA&btnG=Search

My father-in-law makes the trip 15 minutes North of him for his carne there. He won't buy it at the local albertsons/vons which is 2 minutes down the road. He said when he goes in there he's the token "gringo." It's like going to a mexican, tai or japanese restaurant or something. If you're the only white person in their, you know it must be good! :D

Good luck.

Ive got a place down here that has killer carne and short ribs. Matty had some at JV not to long ago. Superior meat market.

Mmmmmm, damn that stuff was good.

Well, make sure if you're coming out to KOH that you bring some more MIke !!!

Oh, and dont forget the salsa and guac! :D

the tortillaria two blocks from my house on chase here in El Cajon, this stuff rivals the carni that they used to sell in ripley before they sold out 10 to 15 years ago, i think you know the stuff.

Valley meat market 5 on 111 and Jefferson in indio. Good meat, marinated, and a good buy for around for 3.49 a lb. Not much fat on the meat either

Back