• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Hubs on the rear??

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
Just saw a Wrangler with Warn Hubs...on the rear??? Would this give it a true front-wheel drive option for better turning??

Just saw a Wrangler with Warn Hubs...on the rear??? Would this give it a true front-wheel drive option for better turning??

Sure, if you wanna get out of your rig and unlock the hubs for every corner!

It was probably for flat towing to avoid extra wear on the t-case.
dunno.gif

Billy

So, wouldn't it be a better investment to have a locker with a hand brake for each wheel??
What good would that do if the axles are "locked"?

being that most werock and xrra buggys as well as rail buggys use this allow them to do digs. except for the fact that they usually just use front wheel drive so the axle would not be "locked"

full floater axle setup allows for disconnect if theres breakage... since its in the rear a lot of people will run drive flanges instead of hubs since theres no need to lock and unlock to steer.... as far as digs and cutting brakes go theyre totally unrelated true front wheel comes from a twinstick cas disengaging the rear and then two separete brake pedals/handles to independently control the brakes in the rear for digs

being that most werock and xrra buggys as well as rail buggys use this allow them to do digs. except for the fact that they usually just use front wheel drive so the axle would not be "locked"
Steering brakes definately work w/ open,LSD,or a selectable.

Certainly it wouldn't be locked :laugh3:...I was just saying wouldn't my way be more practical, and cheaper??..in terms of a rear axle upgrade that is....True Front wheel will always be better, just more $$$

Last edited:
Um ok.....:looney:

here is a vid of a front dig. About the 27 second mark

With cutting brakes... and a twin stick setup you can use the transfer case to disable rear axle then use the inside of the corner cutting break to hold one of the rear wheels and swing the front end around.

For another idea. If you already have front and rear selectable lockers, open diffs, of limited slips. You can set up a single handle cutter brake. Pull, it locks the left tires, Push it locks the right tires. Apply brakes to one side or another, then apply throttle. That is what you would call a tank steer. Just like a front dig, its hard on the driveline.

For another idea. If you already have front and rear selectable lockers, open diffs, of limited slips. You can set up a single handle cutter brake. Pull, it locks the left tires, Push it locks the right tires. Apply brakes to one side or another, then apply throttle. That is what you would call a tank steer. Just like a front dig, its hard on the driveline.

haha... wow... to much thought into that one...

or you could just twin stick it and use a line lock.

but most everyone on here shouldn't get in a situation that they would need a "dig"

i do rear digs all the time to spin my jeep around when my front is hung up. i wont go twin stick until i am sitting on 37s or bigger and one tons.

Back