• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

75 CJ- how much?

tjs88xj

NAXJA Forum User
Guy I go to church with got a 75 cj by default on a loan. He is looking to sell it, but has no idea what it is worth. I havent seen it, but from what he tells me, it is all stock, and looks like it did the day it came out of the factory. He said everything is there, and it is "mint". I do not know yet what drivetrain it has, but am trying to get an idea on starting price-range. He also has a 65 Falcon 4-door with a straight 6 and 3 on the tree. He got that from his grandparents, and is looking at getting rid of that as well. Falcon is in pretty good shape, and from what I can tell, no rust. Idea's on that one? Sorry if I am in the wrong section. Please move it if this is so.

Find out if you can get pictures of it. If so, post them and I'm sure some people can give you an estimate. Also check jeepforum.com/forum as they have a section dedicated to CJs.

A '75 CJ has some good and some bad OEM stuff. Open-channel "C" frame is the worst of the bad in that vintage. Firewall mounted master cylinder, 258 I-6 or 304 V8, flanged D44 rear axle, all good. It may have a T-176 or T-18 4-speed, the latter is better. Dana 20 t-case is mostly good. The good outweighs the bad in the '72-'75 CJs, last of the flanged D44 rears and factory V8s. It sounds like if it's really in excellent condition, it's probably a $4-5K Jeep. If it's a bit ratty and has the normal leaks and whatnot, $3500-ish. Depends on the market too, rust-belt area rigs that are that old and still rust-free are worth more.

Absolutely do a CL and other classified ad comparison, but I'd be surprised if it's not in the $3500-$4500 range given it's vintage and condition.

Back