• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwackers Extend-A Flares........Anyone??

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, does anyone fitted this model of flares on his XJ??????

Any info will be great, total tyre coverage, pictures, opinions.....

I will need more coverage but I wouldnt like go to the big Cut series Bushwackers and Im comparing and trying to decide between Extend A and Rustys flares.

Thanks in advance.

My buddie is running bushwackers on his xj and hates them for the silly little peice you have to stick on your back doors, unless you have a two door then you wont have that problem. I have the rusty's flares and love them, you'll probably be able to run up to a 35 with the rusty's and maybe (big maybe) 37 with bushwackers with some fine tuning (moving axle back). Up to you, this is just my experience. Hope i helped!

yea rusty's flex flares are the way to go. I dont have them yet, but when im up to that point of my build, thats what im going to get. Iv heard great things about them.

I have Bushwackers that I never installed. I thought them too fragile for my application.
I also have Rustys flex flairs. They are push with one finger flexible. They are not as wide as BW's. They barely cover tread on a 33 tire on 4in. bs. wheel. They allow for big front fender cutout.
So, if you are going wider in a covered tire state you may consider The BW's or TJ's.
Install photos at Rustys.

TJ flares FTW

Yep. Cheap to get ahold of, easy to cut/modify to fit, pretty flexible to withstand moderate trail contact. Plus, if/when you trash them, they're easy to fix and cheap to replace. Get ahold of 4 rear TJ flares and a jigsaw and felt pen, they cut like butter. Once they're trimmed to shape, you can trim the mounting flanges back a little, drill a couple of extra holes, mark your sheetmetal and drill some 1/8" holes for the sheetmetal screws and fender washers to mount them up. About 3 hours in the garage is all it takes to make some really nice looking, functional flares for about 1/4 the price of Bushwackers.

Back