• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d35 brakes on a d44

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
well i bought a d44 and it has no brakes at all.. i was wondering if it is possible to take the brakes off my old d35 and put them on the d44 when i do the swap.. anyone ever done this?? thanks

well i bought a d44 and it has no brakes at all.. i was wondering if it is possible to take the brakes off my old d35 and put them on the d44 when i do the swap.. anyone ever done this?? thanks

With the exception of the pads, an old d35 non-C-clip has all the same hardware. I used some bits and pieces when I put my 44 in. But I put in new wheel cylinders while you are in there, they are cheap and old ones may have issues.

The bolt pattern on the D35 backing plate is different than the D44 axle and would have to be re-drilled to fit. If you still have the D44 backing plates, more recent (c-clip) D35 brake hardware will be too small for it. This is really all going to depend on what flavor of D35 you have. Could you make it work? Sure.

If you have the old style D35 I'd consider re-using your parts. If not, I'd consider it a good excuse to just go ahead and upgrade to discs. Just the D44 drums alone will cost you about $100 if you pick them up at the parts store.

Back