• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling Options

MUDTRUK

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I searched and didn't find the right answer so here goes. Is switching to a puller style electric fan gonna keep my 4.0L cooler than with the stock mech. fan and shroud? If you switch to an electric fan whose are you running and is it made for your application or is it a matter of making another application work for a cherokee? Also, I have a 91 w/ the 4.0L HO, looking to install a temp guage (only have the idiot light), what should I run, a mechanical or electrical guage? Thanks, any input is appreciated!:confused:

everyone that has had anything to say, says to NOT go to the electric fan!!!!!
instead "fix" your cooling problem. there is even a write-up on this.
I used a flexilite 110 with their adjustable thermostat. it is a little larger tha your mechanical set-up and some work and time is involved in making sure you mount it so it does not come into contact with the radiator when the vehicle flexes.
you might try running a search for electric fan or something like that, to find the link to the write up(s).

Back