• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad egr????

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
ive read about the vacuum tests for the egr, but can i determine anything if i just pull the vacuum lines from teh egr and note if the veichle stumbles?

The EGR should be closed at idle and you shouldn't notice any difference, unless the open vacuum line causes a slight idle increase.

ok, thats good to know, ya, i the open vac line causes a slight idle increase, but nothing major, so for now at idle im gonna rule out the egr being bad and focus on the IAC as the culprit and test the 02 sensor....everything else has checked out fine so far,

You should test the egr valve. If you don't have a vacuum pump you can rent one at the parts store.

Also, is the vacuum transducer there? The 89-90 egr system are the only two years they were used. Found mine had got against the exhaust and burned the bottom of it clean off. They are $92 at the dealer, if you need one go Salvage yard.

Back