• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting/idle problems...

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Trust me, I searched.. I couldn't find exactly what I am looking for..

Every time I start the car, it takes a few more cranks than it should and it also revs up to about 2k rpms and then goes down after a few seconds. After I drive it for a few minutes and come to a stop, it wants to almost die at idle.. It's a 2001 4.0 with the AW4. Any idea what could be cause these things?

Have you checked codes? Cleaned your IAC valve? Checked TPS? How is your mileage in comparison to before?

Have you checked codes? Cleaned your IAC valve? Checked TPS? How is your mileage in comparison to before?

I have been working 12 hour days everyday so I haven't had time to check anything out yet.. I have 4 days off starting on Saturday so I will start checking things out then.. I just wanted to get some ideas of things to check.. The mileage has gotten slightly worse.

Hey, how deep is the snow?

Nothing crazy in town as of right now.. Only about 5" maybe. It is supposed to snow up to 5" tonight and another 5" tomorrow, though.. AND, the 10 day forecast shows a ton of snow, so we will see! How's the desert treatin ya, old man? I will be down there mar 6th-9th for the offroad swapmeet.. You goin to it?

i have a thread about this right now. check your grounds and tps and all make sure you check for split wires, frayed wires, all grounds not just some, and then throw a multimeter on all your sensors and bust out the haynes for specs. im in the process. ive narrowed it down to the IAC, maybe egr, maybe coil, maybe 02 sensor(its new though) and the rest seem to work....

Back