• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear end

RabidRabit

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to do a swap but need to figure out what the measurement of my rear end is. I have an 89XJ. Where do I take the measurements from? or is there a site that I can get the specs from?
I'm trying to figure out what is going to replace and not hang out.

[email protected]

RabidRabit said:
I'm looking to do a swap but need to figure out what the measurement of my rear end is. I have an 89XJ. Where do I take the measurements from? or is there a site that I can get the specs from?
I'm trying to figure out what is going to replace and not hang out.

[email protected]

Measurement of what features? Mostly you would be concerned with the width of the axle, often referred to as the WMS to WMS (Wheel Mounting Surface). XJ's measure about 60.5 inches WMS. Other things to look for are is the diff centered or offset? and what is the width between the spring pads?

The XJ Chrysler 8.25 is a cheap upgrade from the XJ Dana 35 and the XJ Dana 44 is better yet.

RabidRabit said:
60.5 aprox. k why does everyone go for the Ford 8.8?

Relatively Cheap, plentiful, and easy (if your a half-decent mechanic) to modify to throw under your rig. Do a few searches you'll find a ton on the Ford 8.8 swaps.

RCman said:
Relatively Cheap, plentiful, and easy (if your a half-decent mechanic) to modify to throw under your rig. Do a few searches you'll find a ton on the Ford 8.8 swaps.
all those reasons and the fact that it's real strong, you get disc brakes, and it's not too difficult to find one with 4.10s and a LSD.

Back