• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FSJ AM/FM/CB Stereo in my XJ

KaiserMan

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to share a couple or pics (crappy, sorry) of my AM/FM/CB. I pulled it out of my Honcho (new owner will be picking it up Sunday) and managed to fit it into the XJ.

I used a Metra stereo installation kit (number AT-509FD) to install it.

Luckily I had a JVC to Jeep adapter that came with the truck, and it had all the wires labeled. All I had to do was cut off the plug that fit the old JVC stereo and mate the wires to the Jeep stereo. I did have to cut allot of the Jeep harness off, as there where simply to many wires and plug to fit in the XJ's dash. With the stock FSJ harness, I could only fit the unit in half way. I kept all the pieces I cut off incase it ever goes into a FSJ again.

The only wires I did not use from the adapter where power for memory, power antenna and...can't remember the last.

The CB function doesn't work right now. I didn't feel like pulling the inner fender to mount my Jeep CB antenna (in place of the non op power unit) in the cold weather right now, so I'll get to it this summer. I snaked the mic's cord up to the radio are from under the dash, so the mic comes out by the shifter on the drivers side.

I still have to either remove the stock Jeep radio face plate or trim the XJ's dash trim panel so it will fit flush and snap into place. It's just laid in there now, as I have to pull it off again and replace the bulb for my clock. I realized it worked (but has no illumination) while putting the stereo in.

p1010003-34.jpg

p1010001-58.jpg

I know the truck looks dirty as heck, Sad thing is I've cleaned it allready. Need to go over it again. The PO was a HEAVY smoker. The thing is filthy.
IMG%5D

Back